And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. (Exodus 19:6)
We serve a holy God whose words are pure (truthful) words. In other words, He means what He says and He will do what He says:
6 The words of the Lord are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times.
7 You shall keep them, O Lord,
You shall preserve them from this generation forever. (Psalm 12:6-7)
So if anyone changes His word, contrary to His meanings, consequences are imminent:
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Revelation 22:18-19)
In the Book of Leviticus 19:28, God has clearly stated “do not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you:”
- You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD. (Leviticus19:28)
What is a mark, tattoo, or a brand?
A visible impression or trace on something, as a line, cut, dent, stain, or bruise: a small mark on his arm.
- 10 And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.
- 11 So now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.
- 12 When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth.”
- 13 And Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear!
- 14 Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”
- 15 And the Lord said to him, “Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.
The bible doesn’t describe what type of mark was set on Cain or specifically where but obvious enough that anyone who sees it takes heed not to kill him or suffer God’s curse of vengeance seven times.
God “marks” the sin of unrighteousness:
- For though you wash yourself with lye, and use much soap, Yet your iniquity is marked before Me,” says the Lord GOD. (Jeremiah 2:22)
God also “marks” righteousness:
- … and the LORD said to him, “Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it.” (Ezekiel 9:4)
- Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple. (Ezekiel 9:6)
- Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright; For the future of that man is peace. (Psalm 37:37)
God “marks” for Correction:
- Are You not from everlasting, O LORD my God, my Holy One? We shall not die. O LORD, You have appointed them for judgment; O Rock, You have marked them for correction. (Habakkuk 1:12)
It pains me very much when I see people willingly submit to allowing the number 666 branded onto their arms or chest as though it’s the fashionable thing to do:
It mystified me that people in the video were saluting. Why? Then I found this image of a tattooed woman bearing 666, SSS, and a saluting man in the image.
- “For many, this number brings fear caused by erroneous information and ignorance to what it actually represents. However, there is not one single biblical reference that associates this number with something diabolical.”
So what bible is he reading from? Mine is pretty clear that the mark 666 is diabolical:
- He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, (Rev 13:16)
- and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Rev 13:17)
- Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, (Rev 14:9)
- And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” (Rev 14:11)
- [ First Bowl: Loathsome Sores ] So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. (Rev 16:2)
- Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. (Rev 19:20)
- [ The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years ] And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Rev 20:4)
As I’ve stated before, “I urgently caution everyone to beware of biblical teachings, know the scriptures read them daily, seek the Lord for their true meanings, do research by checking your sources; read the dictionary for meanings, check the Jewish Encyclopedia and Strong’s Concordance.”