Before the earth was created, heaven was created by Father God, the Ancient of Days.
He is described by the prophets of old in the Books of Isaiah, Daniel, as well as by Jesus Christ, himself, when He walked on earth, and by the prophet, John, who had visions of the violent end times in the Book of Revelation:
- “Yes, and from ancient days I am He. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?” (Isaiah 43:13)
- “As I looked, “thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. (Daniel 7:9)
- “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, (Jesus Christ) coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. (Daniel 7:13)
- …until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the holy people of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom. (Daniel 7:22)
- And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, (Genesis 1:14)
“I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle” words spoken by Almighty Father God speaking of a time when trouble would affect mankind:
- …which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle? (Job 38:23).
Father God foresaw events taking place on earth, after the fall of man through Adam and Eve’s disobedience to Him. However, because of His lovingkindness and tender mercies, He makes provision to save man by sacrificing His own Son, Jesus Christ, to redeem us back to Him.
In the meantime, the season of time involving trouble (hunger and famine, pestilence–viruses, death, poverty, destruction) includes the worldwide collapse of the financial economy ushering in World War III, and introducing the Mark of the Beast.
- I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?” (Revelation 13: 1-4)
- 5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world. (Revelation 13:5-8)
Hope for the future come in the form of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He said to his disciples:
- You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. (Matthew 24:6)
- “The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. (Luke 17:22)
Timothy (The Book of Timothy) speaks of terrible times:
- But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. (2 Timothy 3:1).
Father God, Ancient of Days, is still on His throne reigning, orchestrating events to once and for all destroy (yes, I said “destroy”), satan (aka: the dragon, the beast) revealed in the form evil once and for all.
- In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty. (Psalm 37:19)
- “In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,” (Joel 3:1)
Prophesied events are fulfilled in the Book of Revelation:
- These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Worship the Ancient of Days:
- Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; (Psalm 95:6)
- It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” (Romans 14:11)
- …that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, (Philipians 2:10)
Ancient of Days
by Ron Kenoly