3 And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all
manner of workmanship, 4 to design artistic works, to work in gold, in silver, in bronze, 5 in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship. (Exodus 31:3-5)
I’ve had a desire to explore and write poetry for sometime now but I didn’t have the true inspiration, the prose, the rhythm to compose on the “spot.”
However, I prayed about it and lo and behold, a poem has risen out of my spirit!
All one has to do is look around and see so many wonderfully created human beings, with varying personalities, races, and cultures for inspiration:
- Fields of nature, beautiful, colorful flowers saturated in greens, blues, reds, oranges, pinks, purples, the green pastures, in the summer and white in winter, the low valleys and the high mountains;
- Architecture with so many different designs-art deco, minimalist, round buildings, square, rectangle all performing their own functions;
- Texture with its varying characteristic quality of coarseness, smoothness, sensitive to the elements and colors;
- Animals some huge, some small–elephants, zebras with their stripes, peacocks, alligators (which creep me out);
- Ladybugs, flies, ants some red that can crack a wallup in pain if bitten by them, scorpions, spiders;
- the blue green oceans, rivers, tributaries all leading in different directions, much like life;
- Fish, sharks, sea horses, dolphins, whales, seashells, sand;
- The universe with its wide expanse of nebulas, stars, the Black Hole, Wormwood, the Sun, the Moon, and the planets
I know that Father God is the initial master artist. He started it all, the Master Creator of Masterpieces.
(by Ms. Mary Pacheco, Author)
One who paints a picture, tells a story,
Weaving, sliding in his own course, the artist.
Picking, choosing colors,
Colors of life, colors of death
Pinks, yellows, vibrant hues of life
Blues, blacks, cool colors of death by the artist.
Setting the mood, the sense, the action
Touching the senses, stroking the
Emotions of the “story.”
Caressing life’s events by
Fingering the atmosphere the impression by the artist.
That character, that personality, inspiring an air of quality
Capturing the vibrations of life,
The temperament and personality of what he sees.
Spirit filled with life’s enduring moments
Overflowing with integrity, packed with visual interpretation, by the artist.
Understanding and translating his version of
Life’s happenings; its affairs coupled with consequences,
The aftermath of an episode exploding with meaning,
Its implications, its importance, and its values
Its principles, morals, and ideals by the artist.
One who sees beyond or outside of a given object,
a situation, or a specific position
Yet affirming, asserting, and
Maintaining an aura of preciseness.
Focusing, centering for today, for the moment, for the present
For that work of art, that image on life’s canvas
Filled with reflections of times past,
Varying with textures, electrifying shades of paints, watercolors, and oils.
Ever tasting life’s differences, shapes,
Ideas and visions by the artist.