So now enters the subject of the Mayan Calendar ending or stopping rather on December 21, 2012. (Note: the Winter Solstice will have the Sun lining up with the center of the Milky Way exactly at 11:11 on December 21, 2012–this last occured 26,000 years ago.)
Such an enormous amount of writings, unknown expectations, theory after theory that the world is ending. Some say from an explosion of a comet entering the earth’s atmosphere, some say solar flares from the sun interfering with the earth’s electromagnetic atmosphere causing the interruption of electrical fields affecting the satellites, down to the cell phones, tv’s, radios, possibly even shutting down the internet that operate wirelessly.
There’s so much controversy that I’ve spent the last few days trying to understand how the Mayan Calendar manages to create so much confusion.
- As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” (Matthew 24:3)
- 4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. (Matthew 24:4-8)
You will notice the question that is being asked is “the sign of the end of the age.” It’s not asking for the sign of the end of the world. Jesus does describe some of the events that will take place and he ends saying “All these are the beginning of birth pains.”
What I kept reading over and over in some articles many were eluding to the world ending but I kept asking myself how that could be because Jesus hasn’t returned physically (with the exception of the Holy Spirit working in our spirits today) to rule and reign for 1,000 years. For me this means the earth continues to still exist:
- The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6).
What I found quite revealing is that the Mayan Calendar never claims that the earth will end:
- There are no specific markings or statements about the year 2012 on the archaeological artifacts at Izapa, but there are numerous images at Izapa that portray a rare celestial alignment that appears in the skies in the years around 2012. This galactic alignment marks the rebirth of the December Solstice…(article from EdgarCayce.org)
- Time Cycles: Scholars have figured out how the Long Count Calendar correlates with our own Gregorian calendar (using a lot of arithmetic), so we know that the legendary time of the beginning of our present World Age – when all the values were set to zero – occurred on August 11, 3114 BC. And using a complex system of Mayan Baktuns (measurements of time), we can calculate when their calendar reaches a new zero point – basically, every 13 Baktuns (5,125 years), the Long Count resets to zero – the calculated time when our present World Age ends and a new cycle of time commences. (article EdgarCayce.org)
I’d like to make a note here that I am not a follower of Edgar Cayce; however, I am familiar with some of his points of view and his experiences. I mention him because his site, too, speaks of the Mayan Calendar and the shift of the Time Cycles.
How stunning the Mayan culture was. How did they get their advance knowledge of astronomy? One monument that also illustrates their advance knowledge of 365 days as depicted in their calendar are their renown pyramids. Counting the steps leading to the top is 365 (the Solar Calendar).
The Maya civilization is a Mesoamerican culture, noted for having the only known fully developed written language of the pre-Columbian Americas, as well as for its spectacular art, monumental architecture, and sophisticated mathematical and astronomical systems. Unfortunately, a public fascination with the morbid has meant that for many people in Europe and the Americas the ancient Mayans are perhaps best known for their use of their pyramids in public bloodletting rituals. (source: New World Encyclopedia)
Perry Stone, a foremost prophetic historian, pastor, author, and a deeply committed man of God confirms that what is going to happen is the end of the age and yes, there will be an alignment of the planets, causing solar flares affecting the electromagnetic field around the earth.
I asked myself some questions: do I prepare? Prepare for what? When? Finally, I was led to seven videos that Perry Stone taught where he mentions the Mayan Calendar and the year 2012. Below, I excerpted only two of those videos because he can best explain what I believe, is the truth:
Perry Stone: Is December 2012-2015 The End of the Age? 2 of 7
Perry Stone: Is December 2012-2015 The End of the Age? 3 of 7
So do we know that Jesus is coming back this year? No, no one knows, just be ready:
- “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. ” (Matthew 24:36)
- “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.” (Matthew 25:13)