- “For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water. (Jeremiah 2:13)
- “…they have forsaken the LORD, The fountain of living waters.” (Jeremiah 17:13)
So you woke up this morning, nauseated because you have to face another day going nowhere. To make matters worse, the spouse has left you for another more “precious person” and divorce is just around the corner.
The pain hits deep in your stomach (called bleeding ulcers) affecting your soul, as you drag across the room to pick up the phone and call in, again, to report to your employer you cannot go to work due to illness, as the sweat streams down your face in despair.
Your legs buckle underneath you as you try so hard to get back into bed. “If only” is the language of regret wrapping around in your head trying to think clearly, trying to remember the last time your soul actually felt at peace or “alive”.
Have you been living life on your own terms?
- For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matthew 16:26)
So you did do it your own way; you traveled the hard way. But you’re still at a loss to explain why your soul feels so shallow and empty.
Are you sick and tired of being tired, unsure of your purpose in life?
Are you struggling to make ends meet?
Are you wondering “is this all there is to life?” Does life even hold some meaning for you?
Have you wandered around totally blank about your future? Do you even dream of a good future?
Do you feel like living life on this earth is really hell in disguise, or really “life is hell!” attitude?
- But He was wounded for our transgressions, “He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5)
- “Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.” (Isaiah 58:8)
Jesus Christ is life! Every breath that you take is a breath of life. Without Jesus Christ, you cannot live life, you cannot fulfill your purpose in this world, and you won’t have a life filled with meaning and value. He is peace–your peace; He is a counselor–your counselor; He is a provider–your provider; He is, He is, He is I AM–not I was (past)–not I may be (a dream) but I AM (all your present moments):
- Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” (John 4:10)
- He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:38)
- “…who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.” (1 Peter 2:24)
- “…for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” (Revelation 7:17)
Accept Him. Call out to Him. He is ready, willing, and able to lift you up out of your unhealthy circumstances, envelop you with security, heal your soul with living water, fill you with love and purpose, and with life eternal.