- As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. (John 10:15)
- “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. (John 10:17)
- Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)
- He by no means clears the guilty…(Numbers 14:18)
He is guilty of loving us so much so that we should not perish but have everlasting life:
- 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- to be concerned or solicitous; have thought or regard.
- to be concerned or have a special preference (usually used in negative constructions): I don’t care if I do.
- to have an inclination, liking, fondness, or affection (usually followed by for ): Would you care for dessert?
Love, caring, and guilt, are driven by an emotion, sometimes very powerful, or quite passive:
- An affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced.
- Any of the feelings of joy, sorrow, fear, hate, love, etc.
- Any strong agitation of the feelings actuated by experiencing love, hate, fear, etc., and usually accompanied by certain physiological changes, as increased heartbeat or respiration, and often overt manifestation, as crying or shaking.
- Something that causes such a reaction: the powerful emotion of a great symphony.
- So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)
- Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; (Genesis 1:26)
- let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (Genesis 1:26)
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
- who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high (Hebrews 1:3)
- Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, For great is the glory of the LORD. (Psalm 138:5)
” He Gave His Life For Me”