“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. (Deuteronomy 29:29)
As a newbie in Christ about 18 yrs ago, I was massively curious and thirsty for the word, for what Christ was doing in using the common man to show His will, what He was doing to effect our day.
I came across a tv program about Bible Codes and a book published in 1997 by Michael Drosnin explaining the theory of ELS (Equidistant Letter Sequence) hidden messages found in the Torah (the first five books of the Bible).
I wondered if it was at all possible that God really did embed secret messages inside the bible but would have to wait until man could understand how to unravel its principles or even reveal warnings of events to happen including the assassinations of US President John F. Kennedy in November 22, 1963, and Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in November 4, 1995
It’s well worth your effort to buy it and learn from his understanding and applying the principle of using ELS to unlock the secrets hidden in the Torah.
“The Bible code (Hebrew: צפנים בתנ”ך), also known as the Torah code, is a purported set of secret messages encoded within the text Hebrew Bible and describing prophesies and other guidance regarding the future. This hidden code has been described as a method by which specific letters from the text can be selected to reveal an otherwise obscured message. Though Bible codes have been postulated and studied for centuries, the subject has been popularized in modern times by Michael Drosnin’s book The Bible Code. ” (source: Bible Code – Wikipedia.org)
Encounters with the Unexplained – Secrets of the Bible Code Ep 2
The Torah ( “Instruction”, “Teaching”) is the Jewish name for the first five books of the Jewish Bible. In Hebrew the five books are named by the first phrase in the text:
- Bereshit (“In the beginning,” Book of Genesis),
- Shemot (“Names,” Exodus),
- Vayikra (“He called”, Leviticus),
- Bamidbar (“In the desert,” Numbers) and
- Devarim (“Words,” Deuteronomy).
In rabbinic literature the word Torah denotes both these five books, Torah Shebichtav (תורה שבכתב, “Torah that is written”), and an Oral Torah, Torah Shebe’al Peh (תורה שבעל פה, “Torah that is spoken”).
The Oral Torah consists of the traditional interpretations and amplifications handed down by word of mouth from generation to generation and now embodied in the Talmud (תַּלְמוּד) and Midrash (מדרש) . (source: Wikipedia)
The Torah is so precise and specific, that everyone is to own a Sefer Torah, with its method of preparation, the size of the scroll and margin, its verses, including the name of God. From sewing the sheets together, including its appurtenances (attachments), the Breastplate (suspended by a chain from the top of the rollers is the breastplate, to which, in the case of the crowns, little bells are attached. Lions, eagles, flags, and the Magen Dawid either chased or embossed, or painted, are the principal decorations), its history and personal copies of the Torah can be reviewed and studied further in detail in the Jewish Encyclopedia.
God didn’t limit revealing Himself, His Word, or His will by only reading the bible. He reveals Himself through dreams and visions by and through the Holy Spirit:
- Then You scare me with dreams And terrify me with visions (Job 7:14)
- As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. (Daniel 1:17)
- “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. (Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17)
God will also use His angels to deliver messages:
- Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. (Luke 1:30)
- When the morning dawned, the angels urged Lot to hurry, saying, “Arise, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be consumed in the punishment of the city.” (Genesis 19:15)
- And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, “The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!” (Judges 6:12)
God doesn’t spare anyone from being His “voice” known as His prophets:
- So the LORD said to Moses: “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. (Exodus 7:1)
- Now therefore, restore the man’s wife; for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you shall live. But if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you and all who are yours.” (Genesis 20:7)
- When they came there to the hill, there was a group of prophets to meet him; then the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them. (1 Samuel 10:10)
Prophets of old are used as examples; however, we do have modern day prophets. Below is an audio link of a discussion by a Pastor from Gallipolis, Ohio who received a dream December 28, 2011, involving America:
Here is a link to the written post “Important Prophecy for America“.
I, personally, do not own the computer software that is used for exploring codes in the Torah. I did take an interest in the process and I don’t discourage anyone else from trying it, I just discovered that if I ask the God of all wisdom directly in prayer the “What is?” He will answer me. This establishes a deeper relationship in Him and an even deeper trust in Him.
Fascinating doesn’t even begin to describe the mysteries and their revelations by God Almighty.