I was pondering on the word ‘eternity’ and it’s relevance to God the Son, Jesus Christ, leaving me pretty speechless because the word eternity, in itself, means “infinite, endless period of time; a duration without beginning or end.”
In theology it means “the timeless, the quality, state, or condition of being eternal, the state into which the soul passes at a person’s death.”
Let’s include the word all, as an adjective: the whole of (used in referring to measure, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year; as a pronoun: the whole quantity or amount: He ate all of the peanuts. All are gone. the whole number; every one: all of us; everything: Is that all you want to say? All is lost.
Wistfully, I thought, “It just amazes me that the Holy God of eternity, who inhabits eternity, would want to include all mankind into His heavenly realm, the entire universe, forever!”
- For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones. (Isaiah 57:15)
- Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you. (Isaiah 46:4)
As a result of receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior we are assured of receiving the following eternal, endless benefits:
- And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7)
- In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind? (Job 12:10)
- The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life. (Job 33:4)
- That whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:15)
- Receive An Eternal Trusting (Spiritual Connection) Relationship:
- And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone.” (Genesis 2:18)
- Author, John Donne, between 24 January and 19 June 1572– 31 March 1631, was an English poet, satirist, lawyer and Protestant priest , wrote “No Man Is An Island.”
No Man Is An Island
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend’s were.
Each man’s death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
3. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” (Psalm 139:7-8)
- Receive An Eternal Unceasing Love:
- Receiving love, the greatest gift: “…and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,but have not love, it profits me nothing. 4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails ; (1 Corinthians 13:3-7)
- 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)
- Receive An Eternal Shelter of Protection:
3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
6 You will prolong the king’s life,
His years as many generations.
7 He shall abide before God forever.
Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him!
8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
- Receive An Eternity Free From Sin:
- “Son of man, behold, I take away from you the desire of your eyes with one stroke; yet you shall neither mourn nor weep, nor shall your tears run down; (Ezekiel 24:16)
- No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34)
- knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin; (Romans 6:6) and,
- And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. (1 John 2:2)
- Receive Your Very Own Mansion:
- In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)
- Receive Eternal Freedom From Death:
- He will swallow up death forever, And the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; The rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken. (Isaiah 25:8)
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
- Receive the honor to sing praises and dance in the presence of the Lord alongside His heavenly angels:
8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:
“Holy, holy, holy,Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”
- 9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:
11 “You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created.” (Revelation 4:8-11)
I believe that time, as we know it today, will no longer exist once we go past the gates of Heaven. Many adventures are waiting for us to step into but only if we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
Come, you’re invited to spend forever in Heaven with me and all those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior! Come!
Ten Thousand Years
by The Kingsmen