God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect. (2 Samuel 22:33)
Without God, I am powerless. With His strength and power, I can do all things through Jesus Christ who empowers me.
By Power I am referring to:
- a force (ie: atomic energy),
- a particular form of force/energy (ie: nuclear energy)
- to supply force to run a machine,
- to fuel or ignite,
- power assisted (power brakes in cars)
- in physics: a measure of the rate of doing work expressed as the work done per unit time. It is measured in watts, horsepower, etc.
Now boost or magnify exponentially the highest form of known power (ie, nuclear energy) and call it Supernatural Power (of or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; supernatural forces and beyond the supernatural plane of existence).
Used properly this form of supernatural power definitely would save and benefit mankind. Used improperly it could annihilate man.
Well that’s what Jesus Christ did; He came from Heaven to save mankind. He came to redeem us back to Father God and restore our rightful relationship as He had initially intended before the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden as a result of disobedience.
By His actions, Jesus Christ “activated” the force of supernatural power over mankind. Once a person accepts and believes in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, this same supernatural force of power is inherited into us by and through the Gift of His Holy Spirit.
Below I have listed a few “Powers” that come with acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior:
What is means being for God and His Power:
- “O LORD God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You?” (2 Chronicles 20:6)
- “But if you go, be gone! Be strong in battle! Even so, God shall make you fall before the enemy; for God has power to help and to overthrow.” (2 Chronicles 25:8)
- “But God draws the mighty away with His power; He rises up, but no man is sure of life. (Job 24:22)
- God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God. (Psalm 62:11)
- ‘Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. (Jere 32:17)
- And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power. (1 Corinthians 6:14)
What it means being against God and His Power: An unwillingness to make Jesus Christ Lord and Savior:
- “The hand of our God is upon all those for good who seek Him, but His power and His wrath are against all those who forsake Him.” (Ezra 8:22)
- A man to whom God has given riches and wealth and honor, so that he lacks nothing for himself of all he desires; yet God does not give him power to eat of it, but a foreigner consumes it. This is vanity, and it is an evil affliction. (Eccl 6:2)
- ‘Thus says the LORD: “Those who uphold Egypt shall fall, And the pride of her power shall come down. From Migdol to Syene Those within her shall fall by the sword,” Says the Lord GOD. (Ezekiel 30:6)
- What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, (Romans 9:22)
There is Power in Jesus Christ:
- But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah (Psalm 49:15)
- Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.” (Luke 22:69)
- …to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ (Acts 26:18)
- …and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. (Romans 1:4)
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16)
- For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, (Romans 1:20)
- …but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:24)
- For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power. (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- …who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him. (1 Peter 3:22)
- Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. (Rev 12:10)
There is Power in His healing virtue:
- For I am the LORD who heals you. (Exodus 15:26)
- 4Surely He has borne our griefs, And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:4-5)
- So when Peter saw it, he responded to the people: “Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? (Acts 3:12)
- …who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. (1 Peter 2:24)
There is Power through the Holy Spirit:
- Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled and glorified God, who had given such power to men. (Matthew 9:8)
- And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. (Luke 1:35)
- …how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. (Acts 10:38)
There is Power in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
- In mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (Romans 15:19)
- (Wisdom) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18)
- (Discernment) For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
There is Power in the Fruits of the Holy Spirit:
- Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
There is Power in His Blessings:
- “Behold, God is exalted by His power; Who teaches like Him? (Job 36:22)
- O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people. Blessed be God! (Psalm 68:35)
- As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor—this is the gift of God. (Eccl 5:19)
The very fact that we can breathe the breath of life is evidence of a very powerful God who is life!
Don’t let God pass you by. Call out to God, receive Him into your life today. Make Him your Lord and Savior this very moment.