“Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.” (Isaiah 6:5)
Ever felt convicted of something you know you did wrong?
Surely everyone has done or said something that just is not right.
The Prophet Isaiah mentions the fallen Angel Lucifer who had five “I’s” in the attitude of his heart causing him his life and his eternal judgment to hell:
12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit. (Isaiah 14:12-15)
Centuries ago, the selfish Angel Lucifer initiated sin and continues to have influence over the nations and its people of the world even today.
Knowing this, the Prophet Isaiah in Chapter 5 versus 20 through 23 reveals God’s judgment as seen in this partial list:
- 20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
- Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
- Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
- 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
- And prudent in their own sight!
- 22 Woe to men mighty at drinking wine,
- Woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink,
- 23 Who justify the wicked for a bribe,
- And take away justice from the righteous man! (Isaiah 5:20-23)
Current events show that God is and continues to pour out his judgment on those who will not obey Him and His standards that He has set out to be followed.